Saturday, June 4, 2016

Who Cares Fundraiser

While I'd love to say that the band "The Who" is currently recording with me I can only dream of such a thing. But, what I can tell you is that I went to a fundraiser this week at my brother-in-law's house in the Pacific Palisades where The Who actually performed!! The fundraiser was for Teen Cancer America which is a great originization that helps support teens and young adults with cancer. The event also featured Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, David Spade and Eddie Veder (who played a solo ukulele set). Jordan Kapan (my brother-in-law) and Howie Mandel were the MCs. Other notable contributors were Sugar Ray (who raised $100k alone) and Kiss's Paul Stanley (who auctioned off a day with Kiss). Make no mistake about it, this was a full blown high decibel concert complete with giant light show and PA/staging, all in someone's yard. The next day I felt inspired to record a ukulele version of the Who classic "Behind Blue Eyes". Please enjoy and think about contributing to Who Cares.


The Who Who Cares fundraiser 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment