Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Studio News May 12

Studio legend, Charlie Brown is Back!

Studio guitar wiz and legend, Charlie Brown, has been back in the studio. He did a CD with Katherin King Segal a few years ago here but is now recording solo (with my help ;-) and compiling a bunch of Karaoke tracks for live performance purposes. I think we have 12 songs down and will crank out a few more next week. Charlie will be making his debut as as solo performer May 22 at Casa De Carlos in Woodland Hills. I’m also mixing a few new tracks for Paul McCallum’s jazz project. Paul is an awesome guitarist and, as a bonus, has some beautiful guitars. Paul just won 1rst place at the Topanga Banjo and Fiddle constest in the advanced mandolin category. Dave Wheeler, who’ve I’ve been working with for over 10 years, is finishing some great modern rock tracks ala. Chris Daltry style. Dave sounds simply amazing and his song writing is better than ever! I’d also like to welcome another new client (the 2nd one this month!), Israel Valle who hales from the Long Beach area. Israel has a great voice and does some really great latin guitar/vocal stuff. I’ll be doing my thing with adding some additional production work on guitar and other instruments. I look forward to doing many songs with Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment