Saturday, May 29, 2010

Studio News May 29

The Wheel keeps on turning

Yesterday I saw one of my long time clients, Dave Wheeler. Dave started back with me over 10 years ago, when I was located in Encino. Ah, those were the days. Using ADATs and having limited equipment. At that point Dave was writing songs and having other people sing them. People such as studio legend, Windy Wagner (who is now doing music for the show, Glee). Flash forward to 2010 and Dave has now completed 6 songs for his debut CD featuring himself as the lead vocalist! I’m so happy to see him tearing it up on the mic. He sounds truly amazing! The songs have a modern rock flare with a tip of the hat to Daltry and Maroon 5. I’m producing and doing all the music tracks and Dave is singing most of the vocals (I’m doing a little backup here or there).


7 CDs (so far)

In other news, another long time client of over 10 years, Golana is going into mastering next week after us completing mixes on his 7th CD at DBW! Golana is a native american flutist and is signed to Spring Hill Records. This CD is a compilation of old hymns done as only Golana could do them. The CD features myself on song arrangements, guitar and keyboards. It also features grammy award winning violinist, Charlie Bisharat and the awesome cello playing of Cameron Stone. Look for it out and available by the fall of 2010.

Chris Blake is wrapping up his 3rd project at DBW. It’s another EP. So far he’s done one CD and one other EP. Chris is exceptional and has a very modern sound and very cool voice.

New Clients!

This week I wrapped up a 3 song ep for my new client Glen Guldbeck. Glen came in for 3 hours and layed down the foundation to 3 songs (guitar and vocal) and did my thing by filling in the blanks with drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and backing vocals. They turned out great and Glen is thrilled. I also completed a single release for yet another new client, Henry Valle. It’s a spanish song just in time for father’s day entitled “Donde Estas Papa?”. Henry played guitar and sang and I played additional flurishy nylon guitar, bass, keyboards and directed Henry on his harmonies. I’m excited to be working with both these guys and hope that both of them continue to record and put out some great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment